03 February 2009

"Hold me, my world is closing; help me to keep it open..."

I just really feel that these lyrics by Denison Witmer are really pertinent to small but great quest of healing and understanding I'm on.  Counselor and I talked about what it would look like to invite more people into my story tonight, instead of it carrying it in that safe quiet place in my brain that I have been storing it.  That concept absolutely terrifies me, and articulating why is exhausting in equal weight, right now.  There are some things we've carried for so long, our muscles have fused with the burdens they bear, and we fear what we will look like if we give it up.  Sometimes, feelings run so deeply, we wonder if God will stoop so low to bless them, so we don't offer them at all in fear that we are right.  

My hope is that I am being walked with, even though I can't want it or feel it there.  

I wish my blog was more relevant to the mass public.  It's a rather selfish (like 'self...ish?') blog, if ya think about it.  I'll probably start a new one soon--so look out for....


Pies and Sci Fi! Awesome Science Fiction commentary by two intelligent, thoughtful, witty, and beautiful women! Pie Recipes! Impressive html'ing! Yes!

Coming to a blog near you in 2009!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

I'm glad we got to be together last night. Sorry it was brief. Sorry I can't manage much more with this stupid (but not stupid) school thing still in my life. But thank you for your home, always. And I'm glad we can have talks about internet life in real life and now I have talked about real life in internet life. Whoa, it's like everything is connected.

I appreciate your blog and your insights as you continue counseling.

If you ever want to share more of your story, I want to listen.

Love you.