30 January 2009

this just in...

I am very anti-social. 

I think, actually, the term 'asocial', as in, 'without, or lacking in opportunity for, social interaction' may provide better insight to my current predicament.  I remember when it was a thrill to squeeze in a 45-min coffee date with a friend into my jam-packed college life schedule.  Now, I am excited to have dinner plans once in a week scheduled on my iCal, while the rest of the empty blank squares staring at me, the oblivion that constitutes their white nothingness mocking me for being so damn lame.  Friday night, by myself?  LAME.  

And this time ('cause I find that I am a creature of habit when it comes to asocial-ism), it's not because I am depressed or too exhausted or too overwhelmed with making sure the fundamentals of life are in line: I literally don't know what to do.  There are always the fail-safes of cable TV, internet, and helping the economy get all ship-shaped again with needless spending, of course, but I don't think I really need to elaborate on why those methods are inadequate, at best.  I think the culprit is a lack of imagination.  I don't know what to do with myself when the activity that accounts for most of my day does not spill over into its remaining hours.  This is why I have the urge to take another class: just to have something predictable enrichment activity to put in my calendar!  Deadlines, I need deadlines to be productive!  

Anyway, that's it.  The point of this post was most likely to take up some of my evening.  And I have successfully utlized...oh....10 minutes of my Friday night.  

Hmm.  

P.S.  I have done very well with my posting this year thus far!  I have already met and may likely surpass my last-year high of 8 posts in a month in the first month of 2009!  Well done, me, well done!

1 comment:

Danica said...

Well done you! Well done!

If you are dying to take another Soc class... it looks as though I am going to have to take yet ANOTHER class before I APfuckingU will let me have my degree. We could take one together! TEEHEEHEEHEEHEE!!!!! FUN!!!