20 October 2008

Here are things:

Right now, I can't elaborate on all of these things as much as I want to, but I can offer a coherent list of organized thoughts!  Yay! Progress!

*Things really suck at home right now, and I feel really helpless...praypraypraypraypray, please.

*I might go to grad school...for free?  The only catch: I have to go to APU.  Details to follow...

*I still haven't sat down to articulate my convictions on voting and why I'm making my decision not to, but here are some bits from a conversation I had earlier that I think pretty much outline my 'whys':

"I think I'm offensively hopeful in that I have so much hope in Christ, I don't see the need to vote for a political leader..." 
yet..."I was praying about all that the other day, and I felt the need to apologize for even thinking about it. Like i'd forgotten that the cross happened and removed, virtually, all need for politics...how i had forgotten to practice the politics of our Lord. instead i made it (the politics of Jesus) an item of discussion, rather than a way of life..."
but, in the end... "Everytime I even think about voting I feel like I'm cheating on Jesus."(It's true.)
Most of that was said by the wise Misty (harhar), but I really resonate with all of the sentiments. Again, further elaboration will follow...

*Ok, plain and simple: adjusting to life after college is hard.  And the instability in my life since May has not made this process any easier, to say the least. I feel like i go through circles with emotional situations rather than moving along linearly. In all honesty, I just feel like my emotional stability and level-headedness that I so pride myself in is just slipping out underneath me:  I'm not 'the strong girl' anymore.  In fact, just accepting where I currently am emotionally has been half the battle for me lately, and I have had really wonderful encouragement from really important people to just 'feel my feelings', and let them be ok (regardless on how silly I think they are, or how little legitimacy they hold).  

Ok those were things. 

No comments: