01 April 2008

furthermore...

"But as he descended the hill, a sadness came upon him, and he thought in his heart: How shall I go in peace and without sorrow? Nay, not without a wound in the spirit shall I leave this city. Long were the days of pain I have spent within its walls, and long were the nights of aloneness; and who can depart from his pain and his aloneness without regret?

Too many fragments of the spirit have I scattered in these streets, and too many are the children of my longing that walk naked among these hills, and I cannot withdraw from them without a burden and an ache. It is not a garment I cast off this day, but a skin that I tear with my own hands. Nor is it a thought I leave behind me, but a heart made sweet with hunger and with thirst.

Yet I cannot tarry longer."
-Kahlil Gibran


P.S. favorite quote from chapel this year, by far:
"Girl, let me tell you: "ooohh, he's so hot!" But so are the pits of hell!!!"
yes.

P.P.S. this may be my least favorite quote:
"A woman's heart should be so hidden in God that a man will have to seek Him to find her." What the hell does that even mean??!!

No comments: