10 February 2008

here i am

Might I be pretentious enough to assume that you would want to get to know me? I guess if you are reading my blog, then perhaps you have some latent interest to the inter-workings of the woman that is Melanie Kayla Dosen ('cause, really...I don't think I'm that interesting to listen to unless you want to know what's going on in my life). So, for you, whoever you are out there, I've composed a list of songs that I'm convinced were written for me. (Yes, John and Paul wrote a song for me about 20 years before I was born. I'm that fantastic.)

Anyway, my beloved fans (or stalkers), here is a tentative list of songs you should listen to if you really want to get to know me. I'm pretty sure they speak well for themselves. For all you gentlemen out there, here's a freebee: if you listen to this list and actually apply it in conversation and interaction with me, you've pretty much found the way to my heart. That, and puppies. The later actually probably holds more weight.


To quote Misty Jo Wise: "You're hilarious, Mellie Poo."

I know, Misty, I know.


Here ye go:
"Save the People" from Godspell
"Doubting Thomas" by Nickel Creek
"Bloody Mother Fucking Asshole" by Martha Wainwright
"Hallelujah" by Leonard Cohen, as preformed by Rufus Wainwright (not Jeff Buckley, I know. judge away.)
"Sparrow" by Simon & Garfunkel
"I Like Giants" by Kimya Dawson
"Empty" by Ray LaMontagne
"Paper Doll" by Denison Witmer, as preformed by Rosie Thomas
"Blackbird" by The Beatles

(I've just about bared my soul on the internet. Gross...)

No comments: