04 September 2008

"Everybody's got something to hide except me and my monkey"

Life=good=not posting blogs?

thus seems to be the case.  and is rather depressing.  i guess i do my best work while being under pressure, and God is blessing me with a time period of not being under pressure.  

I just get to dream in non-sequentialisms and admire the little pockets of beauty around me--like the light reflecting off the heat coming out of the oven dancing on my kitchen wall.  I have to be absorbed rather than observe. Learn to simply exist in the moments that make life worth it, rather than capitalizing on them through insincere prose.  Celebrate, and pray that eventually my first response will be a murmur of praise rather than a conception of my fabricated involvement in such events.  Share for the sake of giving Glory to God and to give witness to the Kingdom, not to make myself appear to be thoughtful and intuitive and, as all of us writers really (really) want to be: interesting.  

So, when I share that the highlight of my week thus far has been my 50-year-old client, who has never really had the opportunity to grow and operate independently in her life, checked out a book from the library all by herself and without any prompting, it's because I have to give thanks to the One Who loves her more than imaginable.  When I describe the look of joy and pride on her face, and  recount her insistence on telling everyone that "Book...Myself!", it's because I can't contain my joy. We both offer simple and short words, but they hold a depth of a joy and hope beyond which any of us are capable of articulating.

But these words aren't really for you, or me, or anyone else in particular, because they are just reflections of a life that does not belong to me--a life i cannot harness and domesticate with my considerably inadequate language. 

and thus sums my apology for not writing blogs more often. :)

No comments: